Entitlement to NHS services and first time registration

In order to register with a doctor and obtain a medical card you need to fill in an application form. This form is called an HSCR-1. It is available in a range of other languages. Please click on the respective links below to download the form in translation. The form should be presented to a doctor of your choice in the area in which you reside. This form is also available in any doctors' surgery


Provision of Health Services to Persons Not Ordinarily Resident Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2015

Patient Guide to Entitlement and Lawfulness

FAQs for Patients

Fair Processing Notice


HSCR-1 (ENGLISH)  Entitlement aid (ENGLISH)
HSCR-1 (ARABIC)  Entitlement aid (ARABIC)
HSCR-1 (BULGARIAN)  Entitlement aid (BULGARIAN)
HSCR-1 (HUNGARIAN)  Entitlement aid (HUNGARIAN)
HSCR-1 (MANDARIN)  Entitlement aid (MANDARIN)
HSCR-1 (POLISH)  Entitlement aid (POLISH)
HSCR-1 (ROMANIAN)  Entitlement aid (ROMANIAN)
HSCR-1 (SLOVAK)  Entitlement aid (SLOVAK)
HSCR-1 (TETUM)  Entitlement aid (TETUM)


If you wish to obtain a medical card and H&C number without registering with a GP, you need to fill in a different application form. This form is called HSCR-2 and it is available to download HERE 

Please complete this HSCR-2 form and return with the relevant supporting documentation to BSO, FPS Medical, 2 Franklin Street, Belfast, BT2 8DQ or email it to http://registration.queries@hsni.net